Thursday, January 7

You can feel it in your fingers ...

ZZproject2d0110

You can feel it in your toes!

You guys all thought I was talking about the big freeze again did n't you ... yup ... the big freeze ... that is what us media type weather girlie peoples are calling it! Well ... actually ... you would be wrong ... today's post is all about love!ZZproject2b0110

I made this piece back in early December as one of my Zutter submissions ... we work ahead ... so I was thinking Valentines Day at the time!

This little hangy jobby is made from three Zutter canvas covers and painted and tissue stamped and grunged to within an inch of it's life! I did make a bit of a boo boo ... it was in the days when I was less organised than I am now :0) and I grabbed the glossy accents and squeezed it into the ornate Timmy frame ... only to discover it was rather thick and I had grabbed the crackle accents by mistake.

ZZproject2a0110 At the time I was gutted ... but I set it to one side and over night it crackled ... I was still umming and arring over the result when Tina bought my handmade secret Santa round and she had done the same thing ... her's was n't in error though and I really liked it ... so ... in turn ... I ended up rather liking mine too! Thank you Tina :0) I could n't say nothing at the time ... coz the projects were a secret then!

All stamps are Wendy Vecchi ... there are lots of Tim elements on there ... you know Tim ... the man that could build a romantic venue anywhere in the world with just a tag and a small scrap of grunge paper.ZZproject2c0110 I have also used some Black UTEE to make embellishments with the melt pot ... I love that stuff!

I hope you guys are all tucked up and cosy ... tis bloomin cold out there and in Cambridge we have hardly any snow ... so gawd only knows what it is like elsewhere in the country.

Exciting news over on the Bind it all blog today ... I spy at least one item to add to my Birthday list ... a super duper paper trimmer ... and we all know how John likes to buy Paper trimmers as presents ... don't we????

34 comments:

Scrappy~Sarah said...

Looks truly beautiful :) Even the happy accident :)

Sharon said...

Linda this is stunning!!

yoursartfully said...

Fab project Linda...I'm really not a Valentine's type of girl but if I was to recieve something like this, I would definitely change my mind!!! And I need me one of those cutter jobby thingies too...how cool does that look.
Stay warm, Lin

Lucy Edmondson said...

This is a lovely project, Linda - as always!

Lucy x

Julia Dunnit said...

Its lovely- I especially like the crackled bit, really fits well. Just come in from a jaunt in the most snow I can remember here, only about 3"/8cm ish, but man alive, it's too cold for craft women!

Unknown said...

Fabulous and so romamtic - I can't stop singing the song now

'I feel it in my fingers, I feel in my toes'

I have been out shovelling snow to ge t my little chooks - about another four inches of the white stuff overnight!

Lovely to look at - but not to tramp down the end of the garden to my studio!

Off to look at that link

Kim said...

This is positively YUMMY, Linda!!! You are such an inspiration!!

Chicken Licken said...

Oooo now I love that crackle!Yummy piece!

Anonymous said...

'love' everything about this Linda, especially the crackling! xx

Lori said...

Sheesh, this is a jaw dropper! I love how you incorporated UTEE into the mix, looks just lovely. I have a hard time using UTEE pieces with my grunge stuff, it never looks right to me, but yours is stunning. And the roses, holy Toledo, fabulous!

Carmen said...

Gorgeousness indeed. I loves this I do and the crackled effect is yummy. I've had a bottle of that forever and still not tried it - I may have to. What on though, what on.... Craigs glasses over night? That would be quite funny, evil yes but funny!

Peggi Meyer Graminski said...

Lovely work!

Helen said...

I love this - if I had a special someone to make it for - and I kind of like the crackle accents. Just slid in from work, they let us go early and am looking at icicles haning off my gutters!

Juls said...

what an utterly stunning creation! Hugs Juls

Hazel said...

Awesome crafting - you are so talented x

Kaz said...

I've done the crackle/glossy mistake myself, but I love the crackles.

This is amazing Linda xx

Burnice said...

Oooh I bow to your superior whatever !!!! I lurve this. It would look absolutely bloomin' lovely in my cabin !!!
Burnice x

shaz earl said...

Oh WoW!!!!Linda your work is just amazing stunning... stay safe and warm xx

Nettie said...

Fabulous work Linda! and don't you find that those boo-boos often end up being the best part of a project;-) Maybe you'd feel better if it snowed . . it usually warms up then! meanwhile, back on the ranch here, we are sweltering at 34degs upwards, and that ain't fun! xx

Anonymous said...

Really lovely

SueC said...

what a beautiful project. Shame its too lovely to give to any man I know. They just wouldn't appreciate it.
The paper trimmer has just gone on my need list - not my want list!!!
Sue x

wendy vecchi said...

TOTALLY OVER THE TOP...
awesome!
WOW!!!
wendy

Cheryl said...

absolutely gorgeous Linda as usual x

Anonymous said...

What an awesome project!!! Love it!!!

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

Linda, this is great, and happy mistakes are always the best!

Unknown said...

Yet another stunning project. The colour of the flowers is just gorgeous.

Rosie said...

Flippin' SCRUMPTIOUS! No I am not jealous or anything .... much

debs14 said...

That is such a work of art, absolutely beautiful. I've noticed that fancy keys are appearing in a few layouts that I am finding now I have expanded my blog-hopping! Do I sense a new 'theme' appearing .....
I'm 30 miles down the road from you, and trust me, we have enough snow if you want me to send some up the M11!

Darcy Marshall said...

ooo i do like this, my fave colour combo.

Isabelle Norris said...

This is gorgeous !! love the colour combination!!
hugs
isax

TinaB said...

Gorgeous!!!!!Love it xx

Melody (lacyquilter) said...

LOVE-ly! I really need to make some of those flowers.

Susie Sugar said...

Wow!!! this is stunning Linda oh you are so clever its a work of art darling
xx

ally fiddy said...

Love this and the card in the entry above it. What red did you use for them. O and just how do you get your roses to stick to your projects cos mine have rather pointy behinds and I cant get them to stick to anything!

Twitter

A Crafting Journey