Monday, October 19

Hi Honey ... I'm Home!

Beer 11aI had the best time at the weekend ... great friends ... great classes ... great teachers ... great projects ... great fun ...
And I cannot tell you anymore because I don't want to spoil anything for those lucky people that will be attending this weekend coming!
So instead... let me tell you how I managed to get in the bad books within a couple of hours of getting home. Well first ... I have to tell you that John works nights ... he usually works on a Sunday ... but he missed me soooo much he took the night off ... arrrr ... sweet :0)
I gets home ... totally shattered ... in a good way ... and within an hour I fell asleep ... oops!
Apparently I was snoring all night ... which I find hard to believe ... but the worse thing is yet to come ...
On Saturday I had set the alarm for 6 a.m! Classes were starting at 8 ... breakfast was at 7.30 blah blah blah ... you get the picture! Well the alarm did n't go off ... but that was n't a problem because I had n't slept so good and I awoke at 5.50 a.m anyway!
What I did n't realise was that I had set it for Monday morning! I usually get up at 7.30am ... unload the dishwasher ... sort the dog etc., for when John comes home at 8 a.m! Well ...Beer 11
When the alarm went off this morning ... John got up and did all those jobs for me ... it took him a while before he realised it was only 6 a.m.
Let's just say he was n't best pleased when I got up at ... erm ... gone 10a.m :0)
Moving swiftly back to the crafting ... this is my Black Soot beer mat ... I have embossed the pattern in clear embossing powder ... coz you would n't be able to see it otherwise ... the metal is TSS Rock Star Black ... which I just had to buy at the weekend and I have embossed it with a Cuttlebug folder and backed it with Claudine Hellmuth's sticky back canvas. The trinkets are all Tim...the man that can craft in one continent whilst doing Karaoke in another ... Holtz! And the stamps are from the extremely talented Mrs Vecchi!
I am really surprised at the results I have achieved with the Black Soot ... who would have thought you could do so much with it!
Have a good week everyone ...

36 comments:

ScrappyDandyDoo said...

wow looks fab - very halloweeny too :D
tut tut on the alarm call - my kind of trick that :lol:
glad you had a nice weekend :D
J xx

kjjc said...

so glad you had a good time. Great black soot. Very glam

Andrea - Wales, UK said...

Love the Black soot mat..awesome!!

Hels Sheridan said...

I ADORE this ... tis fabbydabbydoodles hun...poor John, has he forgiven you yet? ROFL

Time to say goodbye now hun...am still trying to get over the weekend ;O))

craftimamma said...

This is completely stunning Linda. Oooh I think I NEEEEED that Rock Star Black metal.

Glad you had such a fabby weekend but I'm soooo green!!!!!!

Lesley Xx

Dan said...

Breathtaking!

Lynn Stevens said...

yummy yummy, Its Gorgeous. I must say I'm so jeolous you all getting together to play all weekend. My idea of Heaven! Friends and stamping wouldn't want to be without either!

Anonymous said...

Awesome piece!!! Absolutely love it!

voodoo vixen said...

Wow.... love the balck sooty stuff, it looks awesome! I really need to get some metal... to go with the sticky back canvas you already persuaded me to buy!!
Oh and that Big Daddy bean tin??? I love it the bestest out of all your bean tins!!

Helen said...

Welcome home, can't wait to see what everyone did, wish I was going. Love that beermat, think it's my fave so far.

Tinkertaylor said...

Fab beer mat, love the metal

Sid said...

What a super piece of art !!

Hazel said...

Amazing what you've done with the black soot. Glad you had a good time - and lots of sleep when you got back!! poor John ... x

Julia Dunnit said...

Great stuff. Actually the black turns out to be versatile. You don't appear to be paying a penance...

Anonymous said...

Totally classy and absolutely stunning Linda! x

Kathy said...

oooops! to the early alarm call! lol

Love the beermat dodah - it looks amazing, reminds me of those beautiful, ornate cast iron fireplaces you see in old houses with all that embossing

Cass said...

This is gorgeous Linda.Love the colour and the metal is very aptly named...lol.
Good to have you back from your weekend.
Cass xxx

Heavenly Anarchist said...

Beautiful as always. And I'm so jealous of the weekend, must go on the next one.
Annie

Claire said...

Yet another stunning piece of work Linda.
x

Carmen said...

You naughty, naughty woman - you don't sound sorry at all either :D :D Poor hubby! Teehee.

I absolutely adore this it's so detailed and touchable - you MUST do something with this black and that yummy purple you used before.

Angelnorth said...

Fantastic piece Linda - I feel like breaking out the stove black to get my wood burner up to scratch now! Hope John's forgiven you!

Kaz said...

Wow that's stunning Linda. You make it sound so easy to make. I can see me investing in some metal after your inspiration.

GLad you had a fabby weekend and hope you're forgiven soon xx

Heather said...

Ooohhh. I love this! The black is perfect!

Juls said...

just gorgeous! Love the monochrome look!

Kay said...

WOW! that is really striking!

Knew you would love the weekend.

Andrea said...

this has to be my fave its amazing what you have done with the black, just perfect and had the bestest weekend xx thanks for giving me such a laugh to xx

Carol Q said...

had to have a close look to get all the detail - just fab. works really well and aren't those book plates gorgeous. glad you had a great weekend = i'll make it one day! lol

Jester said...

So glad to hear you had a great time at the Paperartsy weekend - I'm going for the second session, can't wait. Hope you & hubby have recovered from the sleep deprivation!

Angie said...

Love your black work ...had to giggle over the alarm ...poor john ...after getting up to let you rest too.

Jackie said...

Love the black beer mat - tis FAB!

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Ooooooooo poor John :-/ The beer mat is gorgeous of course ;)
Anne xx

Nettie said...

Fabulous, you could d owonders with any colour! pleased the weekend went well, Nettie

Joy said...

Hi Linda lovin' that black soot mat! Hope John has forgiven you xxx

Shazza said...

this is gorgeous Linda, lol at your Tim description
x

Susie Sugar said...

Oh my Linda, this card is so adorable. I love it but then I love everything you make
Love Susie xx

Chrissie said...

Oooh this looks absolutely fabulous Linda, just loving all the black!!!

Twitter

A Crafting Journey