Monday, April 30

Keeping it Simple!

A quickie post from me today ... really sorry ... but I have a window for about half hour before I go out ... or ... I could get up before 4am and post then! Oh yes boys and girls ... it took me all of a nano second to make a choice on that one!
I had a fabulous day demoing at Coleman's yesterday ... it was great to be working with the lovely Karen again and all the staff were so friendly and eager to help ... LOVED it! And talk about a LOT of people ... oh my goodness ... great to see lots of faces ... old and new! A BIG Thank you to everyone from me!
Well ... tis Monday ... so a new theme at Simon Says Stamp and Show ... and this week is all about colour! I had a play with some Faber-Castell products ... which were so simple to use ... great on textured surfaces too ... and I added water with my new big fat and chunky Ranger Water Brush ... LOVE that too! As always the super wonderful people at Simon Says Stamp have donated another $50 Shopping Spree for us to give to a lucky random person ... so do join in!
The stamps used are THE Wendy Vecchi Botanical Art and the flowers are Lord Tim of Holtz Tattered Florals ... you know Tim ... the man that designed every flower known to the most expert of experts while making a scale model of the new Olympic Stadium on the top of a pin head with just a Distress Marker Pen and a swoosh of Distress Stain.
I must away ... My half hour is up ...
Have a great week y'all!
Laters!

16 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow... It's very beautiful. Love love love it!
Hugs,
Lisa

jill said...

Lovely & bright just what we need to cheer us all up after a wet weekend.
Pleased that you had a great time at Colemans & thank you for your help & answering my questions .Happy Crafting

Helen said...

Love this bright canvas, it looks stunning.

Sid said...

Lovely piece of art Linda !

craftimamma said...

Ah, lovely and it's brought the real sunshine with it! Not surprised there were lots of people to see your demos. If you were anywhere near me I'd be there like a shot.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Lovely blend of colours to your background Linda and I love the text. Gorgeous flowers which work perfectly with the background. Love it. Tracy x

TAM said...

Fabulous piece of artwork - just what we need on a Monday morning (especially after the miserable wet weekend we've had).
Was lovely to see you at Colemans on Saturday and I'm hoping you will be there again - your demos were brilliant.
Trudi

Candy C said...

Linda, your piece is so cheery! I love the bright yellow-ish background of your piece with the splashes of orange. Your flowers with the snap centers are adorable and perfect against the background. Do I detect Dyan's spider slithering down a thin sting of webbing? :) It's just a darling piece! <3 Candy

Shazza said...

love the colours of this Linda, tis fab!
x

Julia Dunnit said...

Pretty...lovely cheerful colour. Spider doesn't scare me.

Marjie Kemper said...

Love it! Gorgeous colors and how cool to leave the flowers w/o color... fab contrast!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Another fantastic piece, Linda! The flowers really POP against this gorgeous and golden yellow!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Fab canvas? Linda, love the colours you've used on previous 2 posted artworks - yummy :-)
Anne x

Jacquie Parry said...

I love the colours on this piece the perfect antedote to the weather we have had lately,
The flowers are brilliant as weel
Love
Jacquie x

Rosie said...

You always make pieces with such vivid, intense colours - love it. And you've reminded me that I've got some of that German text paper somewhere .....

Georgie Horn said...

this card is great!

Twitter

A Crafting Journey