Monday, April 23

With Regret ...

First things first ... Monday is here again and this week the theme over at Simon Says Stamp and Show is your Favourite Word! Well ... with the Olympics and the Queen's Jubilee ... London is my favourite word right now! So I got all patriotic with my Artistic Outpost stamps and some PINK ... I know ... not like me at all ... but it gives a different feel to these wonderful stamps me thinks!
So why with regret I hear you ask ... well ... basically ... Queen Liz was a bit tardy with her tea party invites ... so I have had to RSVP the whole with regret thing! I did tell Kate ... the Duchess of Cambridge ... only the other day that if they arrived any later ...myself and The Wendy Vecchi would not be able to attend! The Wendy had flights to book for heaven's sake and our Ranger Pinnies don't clean themselves ... Hey Ho! Liz's loss I fear ... but at least she will learn in time for the next one!
So ... what did I miss? Who else went? Were there Cucumber sandwiches and sausages on sticks? If you did/did n't get an invite ... or had to decline ... do tell ... and if you have some spare time why not join in this week's challenge and then you may have reason to celebrate yourself as there is a weekly random prize of a $50 Shopping Spree to spend at the amazing place that is Simon Says Stamp!
Right ... I must away ... I have a to do list that is full of references to other to do lists ...
Have a great week everyone!
Laters!

15 comments:

Kath Stewart said...

another stunning creation linda and my invite didn't arrive either..missing a trick there your maj..we would made your party go with a swing...big hugs kath xxx

Helen said...

Love your pink mood! Have a good week - hope you get on well with your various to do lists...

Sid said...

Love your colourway Linda (those cuke sandwiches were fab !!!)

craftimamma said...

I had to decine I'm afraid Linda. I had a much more important party to attend. You see my OH shares his birthday with her Majesty and I don't think he would have been happy if I'd turned him down instead, lol!

Love the card and good luck with your lists.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Fabulous darling, fabulous. Love your London themed card and your break into pink. Enjoy your week. Tracy x

Marjie Kemper said...

You're so funny! Love the layered stamping. You'll have to have a word with your postal carrier.

Candy C said...

Linda, your PINK card is wonderful! I love the Artistic Outpost stamps you've used on this...they look awesome! <3 Candy

Sarah said...

Hello Miss Patriotic,
Fabulous zingy, funky colours and great stamping! Hope you are feeling better - had a crappy week and cold too and accomplished a huge pile of absolute nothingness....will join you in the joys of deadline dilemmas!

wendy vecchi said...

how rude NOT to be included in the royal gala...
I'm shocked that the invites were not sent...
or might they just be lost???

oh well...
I'll just

MAKE ART!
wendy

wendy vecchi said...

how rude NOT to be included in the royal gala...
I'm shocked that the invites were not sent...
or might they just be lost???

oh well...
I'll just

MAKE ART!
wendy

Esther said...

Well it looks as though all the best peeps didn't get an invite....lovely pink creation..gorgeous..Esther xx

Rosie said...

Well like you I simply had to decline - too much to do, can't fit it in. As you know I LOVE pink and this is a delightful and stylish example of pinkishness ...

Heidi said...

Gorgeous creation!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Gorgeous project, Linda! I just love the addition of corners and the gemstones on the crown!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

Beautiful design and coloring!

Twitter

A Crafting Journey