Friday, February 24

Bit of This ... Bit of That!

I have been having a bit more of a play in my scraps journal over the last few days ... I love that I can pick it up and put it down and just add to it when I feel like it!
The background and writing for this page were done a few weeks back ... when I was playing in the wonderful Lin's studio with the wonderful Lin and the lovely Karen ... then I kind of just left it ... wondering what bits and pieces I would add.

I spend lots of my "me" time now ... just colouring Dylusions stamped images and cutting them out. I have the teensiest little bag that I keep them in ... as the rules of the journal are only scraps ... quite often I cannot fit in a full image and this often leads to quirky characters and outfits! I think this head makes the perfect cloak for my frog prince! The background is Butterscotch and Lettuce Ranger Colourwash ... one of my favourite combinations ... with a bit of stencilling over the top!
When I am asked what my crafting style is I often say eclectic and this post definitely proves that! You cannot get much more diverse than these two projects ... now can you! Why the diversity?? ... Well ... today I have also been appearing over on the Craft Barn blog where ... this week we worked on a whole Shabby Vintage style ... which of course involved lots of Lord Tim of Holtz product ... you know Tim ... the man that created the tree skeleton's in the Namibian desert while breathing new life back into an ant with terminal heart disease with just a spritz of Dylusion spray and a smidge of Matte Medium.
You can find all the ingredients etc., and some more detailed pictures here!
So ... what are your plans for the weekend? I am going to take it as it happens this weekend ... nice and relaxed ... just the way I like them ... hoping that the sunshine they have promised us will be nice and warm ... whatever you are doing ...
Have a good one!
Laters!

11 comments:

Glen said...

I am beginning to worry about you Linda - frogs on top of your head! *Ü* LOL...I do like your art journalling. It may be another 10 years before I get a start on that. I have only just started playing with Distress Inks! LOL. I am never bored - always something to play with. I love the Shabby Vintage style of your cage and hearts. TFS. ~Glen~

Helen said...

Another stunning page, Linda! I agree about your colour combi, they're great together.
Have you got your distress markers through the door yet?

Marjie Kemper said...

Fab projects! Love the journal pages. You are on a roll with them! And the hearts are lovely. Diversity is a good thing!

Ann said...

Loving your journal pages Linda, and your hearts are devine!! I love reading your blog, you make me laugh so much & share such amazing works of art too!! Take care xxx

nessy said...

wow!! wow!! wow!! more amzing creations linda ~ glad to hear you got to see your greatest fan "tim" ~have to say i watched all day on QVC..and yes i have now got lots and lots of his range.....
have a great weekend
vanessa xx

Sid said...

Great journal page Linda & an easy weekend for me I think !

Karin said...

Fabulous page, Linda!

Kirsten Alicia said...

Wowser, that's fantabulous!!! I love the colours.

craftimamma said...

Wow, you're a natural at these fabulous journal pages and certainly know how to rock Dyan's goodies!

Equally love the shabby vintage project and I'm off to The Barn to take a closer look now.

It's lovely and sunny here today but not very warm at all, brrrr! Currently saying 5 degrees on the computer. However, the lovely sun is making my conservatory/craft room very warm indeed ;-)

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Angie said...

Another brilliant journal page. xx

Rosie said...

It just proves how versatile you are - that you can create in two such different styles and make something beautiful in each! Clever girl ...

Twitter

A Crafting Journey