Tuesday, February 21

Did n't We Have a Luvverly Time ...

... The day we went to Stitches! As promised ... here I am with all the news and gossip from Stitches Trade Show! If you joined me on Twitter yesterday ... well ... step away now ... you are likely to get very bored!
First thing I saw on entry was the Craft Stamper stand ... I nearly squealed out loud when I realised the copies of the magazine were the ones with my project on the cover ... and sure enough ... in the little perspex stand was my project in the flesh ...
I know, I know ... bragging is uncool .... but I was very excited :0)
Next ... I found the journaling queen ... Dyan Reaveley ... I had to try really hard not to drool all over her delicious samples ... the colours and Dyan's passion for her products ... so infectious ... I just wanted to get inky ... there and then! You will find this hard to believe ... but I was having such fun chatting with Dy ... I nearly missed Lord Tim of Holtz demoing the Distress Markers ... I mean ... Really!!!
So next stop ... Lord Tim of Holtz ... you know Tim ... the man that can cross continents without the need of an Airplane while colouring all the little flowers the world over with just a Distress Marker and some speciality stamping paper. I have been trying to convince myself that I did n't need a whole set of Markers ... you know ... just the odd one or two ... but now I have seen them ... I need them! They are going to be one of those smuggled items though ... because John is still getting over ProMarker gate! I am not sure if I have told you that story ... I will be sure to tell you next time! I also know they are not the same thing at all ... but to John's untrained eye ... they will look like just another set of pens!
Anyways ... Lord Tim was his usual passionate, enigmatic and very charming self! An amazing educator who never holds anything back ... one of life's truly unique and generous people!
Of course I could n't move to the next stand without spending some time with the BTS king ... Mario ... I LOVE this guy! You know he works his butt off ... but just takes it all in his stride ... never lets anything phaze him ... and manages to take us all on a "behind the scenes" journey that is second to none! If you have no clue what I am on about ... just follow @mariojrossi ...
The rest of the show was all about the products ...and of course catching up with lovely people and special friends! I would need a whole book to show you everybody and list them ... but it was fab to see them! I have a whole list of stuff I now need ... cannot wait for it to hit the shops ... Distress Markers are at  the top of the list ... new PaperArtsy Lynne Perrella releases ... Darkroom Door have some fabulous new stamps this year ... Dylusions stamps and inks are a must have for me ... The Wendy Vecchi stamps ... there was a lot of London themed fabric at the show too which was delicious! Lord Tim's new Sizzix dies ... the new Ranger water brushes ... the new Ranger Speciality stamping paper ... Julie Fei-Fan Balzer stencils ... and so much more ...
I must away ... I have stuff to make and deadlines to meet ...
Laters!

15 comments:

Mandy Makes and Mends said...

I agree when u told me the story of the pens ......well I think John will have a hairy Mary to more felt tips !! Thanks for showing us around x

Helen said...

I love your enthusiasm.... I too would be like a kid in a sweet shop - just as well I was at work (enjoying your tweets btw.)
Hope you manage to get your distress markers in the house somehow!

Rainbow Lady said...

I too had a great time but sorry I missed you... next time hopefully xx

Angie said...

What a day you had ...wow ...and wow again for the mag front xx

Sid said...

You seemed to have a fab time......wish I had been there Linda !

misteejay said...

How wonderful that your project greeted you at the door.

I was only going to get a few of the markers but I'm currently working out how I could get the set **hehehe**

Toni xx

Claire said...

Looks like you had a fab time.
C xx

craftimamma said...

I don't blame you for being really OTT chuffed at seeing your design on display. Anyone in their right mind would be and it's such a lovely project too. Thanks for showing us the pics Linda and glad you had such a fab day.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Sarah said...

Lucky lovely lady you! I'm not jealous - nope, stuck at home and did the hoovering. Looks like a fabulous time and of course you can do a happy me skip seeing as you are the main cover girl...

PS next year your babysitting and giving me that badge...

Unknown said...

Grrrh, I'm not sure whether to be annoyed because you got to play at stitches or because I cant stop humming "the day we went to Bangor."

Hmmph!! Off to sulk in my craft room - so jealous

xx

Carmen said...

This post did make me smile big smiles - espesh the bit about the magazing and the perspex box. Great day!

You've got me intrigued about the pens now.

fairy thoughts said...

OOoo sound like a fab show I'm hoping to get the distress pens at farnborough on friday, i hope they have them, might have to smuggle them home though
janet

Kath Stewart said...

great to see you again lovely lady...
big hugs kath xxx

Terry said...

Wowzerss lucky lady thats what ya are, meeting up with all the fabulous people woww and you can be proud and are allowed offcourse to brag a little about your project being in the perspex stand. Good for you woww and I am so glad that you had sooooo much fun. Wished I could have been there.....
Enjoy your thoughts and looking back of a fabulous day xxxx Terry

Craftychris said...

oooh it sounds like you had such an awesome time! Thank you for sharing xx

Twitter

A Crafting Journey