Tuesday, April 26

Ticket to Holland!

My tickets are here! I am getting very excited now ... in a few short weeks I will be jetting off to Holland to teach at Lia's shop in Ede ... De Craftorij. I am doing two classes ... apparently there are still a few places available so just click here to book ... it is going to be sooooo much fun ... and it's my first time in Holland too ... added to the fact that Anneliese will be there ... and Joan ... and of course Lia ... oh and apparently the BEST pancakes ... It's gonna be just like a mini Ranger U reunion!
My card for today is made entirely with Lord Tim of Holtz product and a THE Wendy Vecchi stamp. You know Tim ... the man that hand paints all the tulips in Amsterdam while personally adding the glitter to every pot of stickles with just a Charm Clip and a tiny attacher.
Before using the embossing folders I coloured the card with Broken China Distress Stain ... then swiped over the raised parts with a Vintage Photo Distress Ink Pad. A bit of distressing around the edges and a quick blend with some Walnut Stain Distress Ink and the panels were complete.
All the dress form parts are Claudine Hellmuth's Sticky Backed canvas ... coloured with Antique Linen Distress Stain and then darkened around the edges with Walnut Stain.
Thank you all so much for keeping me entertained yesterday with your comments ... I knew you would n't let me down!
I do have to add that there was absolutely no bloomin' way I was up at 5:00am ... the post was indeed scheduled to coincide with midnight in Ohio which is where Simon Says Stamp is based and the time that the weekly Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge themes are published!
Right ... now I need to know what you are all wearing to THE wedding ... as preeviously stated ... I shall be sporting a Bridesmaid dress ... and if I don't know what you are planning to wear ... well I may just miss you in the crowds :0)
I must away ... I am up to my eyes in Birthday cards today ... trust me when I say ... nearly everyone I know must have been born in April!
Laters!

15 comments:

Shazza said...

this is lovely, enjoy Holland x

Netrix said...

Lovvely work! That would be a brilliant trip, have fun :)

Sandra said...

I already booked my place at your Stampotique workshop, Linda! And sooo looking forward to it! Have a great time here in Holland!

Laura said...

hope you have a fab trip, i love this card the colours are gorgeous and those dies are delish

france papillon said...

why is it you have to come (a bit) closer to my place, exactly when i'm in the US? So wish i could have joined you... have a great trip! and love the card. i'm not born in april, does that help?

Sheilagh said...

I WISH i WAS GOING!!!
You must try Ollibollen as well as the pancakes.

My brother lives over there, married to a Dutch girl. The Dutch as lovely people.

Have a great time.


Sheilagh

Claire said...

Gorgeous card, have fun in Holland.
C
xx

Helen said...

Love the card. Look forward to your countdown to Holland!

jordiegirl said...

Holland is so lovely and so are the people, we visit sometimes as my husband has family there as his mother was Dutch. The pancakes are absolutely gorgeous, sure you will enjoy them. If you have time visit Keukenhof because it is so beautiful when the tulips are out, and if you want to see a lot of windmills then go to Kinderdijk.

Have a great time.

Unknown said...

I hope you read every less little bit of this message as I've waited patiently (sort of!) for 3 minutes before Blogger decided to play ball - grrrrrhhhh!

Hope you have a lovely time in Holland. It's a grand old place. Van Gogh's museum is a must if you have a spare minute or two.

Love your piece and may even be inspired to get my sticky canvas out. Blog crawling isn't my thang (Im much more of a hopper)!!!

Jenny said...

Can you not smuggle me away in your suitcase? ;)

Have an awesome time. And that HRH Tim pop out stll keeps making me chuckle!

Gillian .... said...

Your trip sounds ab Linda, have a great time ... I'm sure you will:)Loving the card.

Sarah said...

Linda - Ede will be fab - lived there for 13 years. Great shops, huge bags of crisps, chocolate on your bread and indeed the scrummiest pancake house ever!!!! De Craftorij is heaven - was there last week...be afraid, be very afraid oh credit card...You must go the whole hog and jump on a bike wearing clogs and pedal up to the "Hei"!!!

Sarah.

Scrappy~Sarah said...

great work

Lia said...

Just a few more days to go now!
We are going to have a blast!

Twitter

A Crafting Journey