Thursday, March 10

What? No Cake?

cake1 I have had the bestest time playing with The Wendy Vecchi's new Cake Stand Art Part! I neeeeed another 264 of these babies ... coz the possibilities are just endless.

I painted mine ... all black ... then I aged some of Lord Tim of Holtz's new Crowded Attic papers with Vintage Photo Distress ink and the Paper Artsy mini cogs stamp! You know Tim ... the man that can get this country out of the economic shambles it is in ... in his lunch hour ... while painting a replica of the Mona Lisa with just a pen nib and a jump ring.

I digress ... once attached to the stand ... I aged some of the black paint with Inka Gold in Aged Silver. cake3 That always sounds a bit odd ... Inka Gold ... in Aged Silver I mean ... but if that is what it is ... what's a girl to do!

I had a ball filling Lord Tim's Cork Vials with watch parts; Pen nibs and screws ... the screws were a tad too new looking ... so I added a drop of Coffee Archival Re-inker and a spritz of water to age them too. The bottle labels are from the Crowded Attic Salvage Sticker collection ... I distressed those and the corks with some more Vintage Photo.

Cake2 Don't you just ADORE the Penny Farthing? ... a little bird told me that LB Crafts will have one or two of those beauties at Ally Pally! Talking of Ally Pally ... if you are going ... do pop by the stand and say "Hi". And if I don't recognise you straight away ... you have my permission to ... erm ... well shake me and tell me who you are! I will be demoing both days with the wonderful Lin Brown... and we have some lush stuff to play with!

Righty-ho then ... back to my to do list ... it has a stack of things to do ... including a few class kits for tomorrow ... Yikes ... a slight miscalculation on my part ... but I do promise me 10 students that by tomorrow ... I will have that one sorted :0)

Laters!

32 comments:

yoursartfully said...

Your cake stand is looking mighty fine, it will look amazing sitting on your demo desk!

L. x

Scrappy~Sarah said...

great work. the cake stand is beautiful

craftimamma said...

Oooh, Linda, I've been a tad busy lately and not had time to comment much (I do visit every post though) but had to say can't wait to see you on the fab LBCrafts stand at AP.

Love your cake stand with all the bits and pieces. The pennyfarthing is fantastic and I hope there is just one left for me by the time I make it to the stand. I think you'd best be my first port of call!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Minxy said...

This is absolutely stunning Linda, i mean just fantastic x

ellen vargo designs said...

Linda this is truly AWESOME!!! I love every little detail on its own, and in their entirety! ROCK ON! Wish I could pop by the stand at Ally Pally to say hi...alas... bit of a distance... maybe one day! Have a good day and a great class tomorrow!

Ellen xx

Neil said...

That is truly amazing. The detail is brilliant. Yep you will have to be my fisrt stop at Ally Pally!
Thanks for sharing. I think the whole tableau is fab (Clever idea to age the screws like that !)

Dan said...

This is lovely! I especially like how you aged some of Lord Tim of Holtz's new Crowded Attic papers with Vintage Photo Distress ink and the Paper Artsy mini cogs stamp! :)

Kaz Hall said...

WOW this is just pretty fabulous!! love it!

Sheelagh Tomsett said...

Love it! The penny farthing looks fab:)

Andrea said...

just adorable Linda but think a cake would of looked nice to LOL your arts always great to see and hope all is well with you xx

Gillian .... said...

Gorgeous with a capital G Linda, love this.:)

Linda M. Cain said...

OUTSTANDING!!!! Love it!

~Linda

Sid said...

Fab piece, love the stand and penny-farthing Linda !

Helen said...

FANtastic or what!! and yes, I love that penny farthing - me wants, me wants!! Sure the class will be fab, and see you at Ally Pally - got a long list already!

Claire said...

I love that cakestand Linda, I may have to get one of those.
C
xx

Claireabelle said...

OMG Linda!!! This is just fabulous!
x

Netty said...

wow this really stood out in blogland so had to come and have a look, its totally fabulous, have never seen a cakestand like this before. Brilliant work. Annette

misteejay said...

Are you sure you don't need even more of these than stated...I mean, this is amazing.

Toni :o)

Anonymous said...

Fantastic art Linda! Took an absolute age for the pics to load, but am I glad I persevered! Inspiring as ever! Looking forward to seeing you at Ally Pally!
Alison xx

Hels Sheridan said...

FAB!!! Loving that Penny Farthing... so coolio!! xx

Daniele said...

the cake stand is awesome....bit disapointed thogh as there were no cherries....lol, all the elements work together so well
hugs

Pat Beaumont said...

fantastic

Kat said...

this peice is defo a work of art,
gorgeous, stunning, marvolous,
love the penny fathing (thats on my to get list at ally pally)
can't wait to get my hands on all of Tim's new goodies,
love the mini bottles,
you have excelled yourself on this one Linda.
have a grate day.
Kat.

Kathy Eddy said...

This is just beautiful!

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Stunning stuff Linda ;-) Just scrolled through last few posts and I love the paper mache book (I'm currently making a paper mache doll) and the canvas is superb :-)
Anne xx

fatmonica said...

Love it!

salamanda said...

This is just beautiful and all the elements are so quirky

Kate said...

*THUD* Just Amazing!

voodoo vixen said...

Oh no! I want one... the cake stand and the penny farthing... you have done a brilliant job on the stand, it is fabbydozee indeed... ut i really want a penny farthing...

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Outstanding piece! I really need all that stuff!

Glen said...

How did I miss this Linda?! *Ü* Beautiful creation. I love the penny farthing. I'm hoping to see 'Julia' at AP next month - and will be in search of a penny farthing and little conf. box a little bird chirped about! LOL. TFS. ~Glen~

JT's crafty blog said...

stunning fantastic I really
like that
It is an absolute piece of
art work

Twitter

A Crafting Journey