Wednesday, November 24

Who'd a Thunk it!

Journal12311 Seriously ... who would have thought ... that I would find solace in a Ranger Inkssentials White Gel Pen ... I certainly would n't ... but I have!

Today is the third Wednesday that I shall be nicotine free ... I would like to say it is getting easier ... but sadly it really is n't!!! The ... Nicotine Replacement Therapy did n't work ... so I have stopped taking it ... the Quit pack that the NHS send you ... you know the free one that will help all us poor addicts kick the habit ... the one that you can order 24 hours a day ... well ... that still has n't turned up ... and eating my way through the cravings ... just is n't an option ... I can't be turning up at Luton Airport on Thursday requiring two seats for my mahousive butt instead of just the one that is booked!!!journal22311

So ... I have turned to the White Gel option ... and so far it has worked a treat. The background of this page was made with water colour pencils and water ... I was a bit rough with the pencils and the page looked a bit yuck and very scratchy ... so I tried smothering it with a Crafty Notions spray ... with a stencil ... sadly the dark green border that I really hated just kept on showing through. So ... in true crafty style ... I turned the page and started again!

But then ... I wanted to experiment with stamping The Wendy Vecchi's leaf ... colouring over it in Black Pitt pen and then doodling in a white gel pen ... so I turned back to the offending page and ... it worked ... so I did it again ... and again ... then I realised that the whole process was soooooo cathartic ... well I just kept on doing it ... and that ... as they say ... is that!Journal2311

I am totally in love with the shade of yellow on the journalling squares ... they are Vanilla Custard ... a Dylusion's Spray ... such a great colour ... then I have used the stencil again and popped a bit of Broken China over the top ...

I did have some really cool lines around the edges of the squares too ... but I got carried away with laughing at Dom Jolly and his "Look at me ... I'm a Mango Smoothie" comment ... well ... basically I slipped ... so I ended up doing the whole scribble thing all over again.

Hey Ho ... Take care people

Laters!

24 comments:

Netty said...

Linda you are one very heroic lady to get this far without smoking. Unfortunately I can only manage 3 hours without a ciggie at the most. So if I wore a hat I would take it off to you. Your pages are terrific. Annette

ms Joyce said...

Been smoke free for 35 or so years. "I" had to make the decission. Not the Dr, not family, not friends and surely not the *Great Smoke Day*. I still hold with .. when *you is ready* it will happen. Thanks for listening to an old lady *crow* .. lol

Lori said...

Love this look, Linda! It's fabulous with all that doodling! So great that you are sticking with "it". Know it must be difficult, but you can do it!

Nancy said...

Wonderful pages, Linda!!

If you feel you really can't part with a cig, you might look into e-cigs. They come in zero nicotine & are tar-free. Maybe an option...

Cheryl said...

Brill Linda you are doing fab with the non smoking keep at it, it will get easier I promise.Love your art piece the colours are amazing x

Anonymous said...

Soo funny- water phobia now too- funny how she's a phobia for everything BUT peoples ..... Poo(sorry, it has to be said)
Love the work Linda, glad the gel pen is helping a little. That's nearly A WHOLE MONTH wooohooo
Keep it up!! :)
Jeanette

CRAFTY WOMBLE said...

Wow the white gel pen on black looks amazing. Good luck with qutting smoking. My gran became the biggest anti-smoker on the planet after she gave up, but she missed every day!

Sid said...

Nice page, love the colours together Linda !

Carmen said...

"What are you screaming at?" Oh but I love that man!

Gorgeous pages again Linda - that yellow is fabulous!

Angela Toucan said...

you're doing great - welldone

This project looks awesome!

be blessed
from Angela #68

Lynne Forsythe said...

Just wanted to say I AM PROUD OF YOU!!! I'm glad you found solace in your White Pen!! I am SOOOO happy for you...13 hours!! OMW!!

You are AWESOME keep up the wonderful work!!

Kate said...

Love what youve done here Linda :0)
As for the not smoking you are doing briliantly(sp).
I watch celebrity last night for the first time that mango smoothie comment had me in stitches.
Kate x

Paperfanatic said...

I just love the inkssential white pen. I have about 8 of them at last count. Your page is beautiful.

Claire said...

This looks lovely Linda, the Vanilla Custard is my fave colour too (its looks wicked when sprayed over Sugar Spun Distress Ink). Hope you manage to beat the cravings, I used to find that if I kept busy for the time I craved a ciggie the craving sort of vanished, however I'm still smoking, that tatic only worked for about 3 months. I really wish you all the strength in the world to quit, unless you're a smoker you don't get just how hard it is.
C (74)
xx

Carol Q said...

that white gel pen looks FAB!

Louise said...

Well done - 3 weeks is excellent. Apparently it takes 30 days to form a habit and 30 to break one so you're nearly there!

I remember years ago someone said that I would be the first of a group of friends to start again - I was the ONLY one to quit because he was never going to be right with his assumption!

BEst of luck and keep it up!

Trish said...

Keep up the no smoking, it's worth it in the end, promise!
I love your page, the gel pen on the black looks great

Annie said...

Fab page. Good luck with kicking the habit. :-)
A x

Anonymous said...

Hi Hi Linda!
It's me, Sally! I always turn up like a bad penny!!!! I love your green and yellow and white piece, and am so proud of you for managing, somehow, to stay off the weed!!!! Well done -- and keep it up!!! See that you are off to Paree -- where will you be there? What a shame I'm not in Paris this weekend . . . . I'll be in Madrid! Leaving tomorrow a.m.
Have a wonderful time -- love from Sally . . . . and see you soon!!! stampsally@yahoo.fr

Anonymous said...

Linda, hang in there you can do it!!! I have been smoke free for 3 1/2 years and it is the best thing I did for myself. You can do it!!!! Love your work...beautiful as always!!

Helen said...

Gorgeous journal pages, love the white pen. Well done on getting so far with the quitting - don't slip now, you know it's worth it.
Have a great time in "Gay Pareee!!"

voodoo vixen said...

I have missed you, you have my sympathy, I think you are doing brilliantly kicking the habit... I so wish I could it too! I think I am the only person left that I know that still smokes... its a bummer when its -25 degrees outside too, as I don't smoke in the house!!

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Well done on soldiering through a really tough time on the nicotine front!
Fabulous pages, love the colours and the leaves look fantastique ;-)
Anne xx

Anonymous said...

I love your work. With that being said, I want to tell you my kicking the habit experience 20 years ago. Once I was as far as you are, when I got that craving, I would just tell myself that I wasn't a smoker, can't be wanting a cig. I even wanted to pick them up at the counter and think, silly me, I'm not a smoker. I loved being amongst those people that didn't worry about having enough packs in my purse to get me through the night. Hang in there. You're done. You're there. You ARE a non smoker!

Twitter

A Crafting Journey