Tuesday, November 2

Making up for Lost Time!

Well ... here I am again ... posting for the second day running ... I am truly on a mission now ... a blog post for every day in November ... I know I have said it before and failed ... but seriously how hard can it be!

The pictures I am showing today are bits and bobs from the three projects designed by the wonderful Lin Brown and Leandra Franich for the ArtsyCrafts events! Not only are the retreats fabulous to work on ... but all the assistants get to make the projects prior to the events too. That gives you some idea of the thoroughness in which these weekends are planned ... both Lin and Leandra feel that in order to really help all the attendees ... you have to know the project well! It is all in the planning and these ladies know their stuff ... which always makes for a great time!

Anyways ... the bits you can see are from my samples ... sadly I was on the hop while I was taking these piccies ... too busy photographing Ruby before I left the house to take proper sample piccies  ...  and like a complete numpty ... I don't have any pictures of the completed projects ... but I am sure you will get the general idea.

Thank you for the support on the whole No smoking nurse thing ... the long and the short of it is ... I am now on Nicotine Replacement drugs ... let's hope I don't get addicted to those ... only kidding :0) I should continue to smoke for 8   days and then somewhere between day 8 and day 15 I should pack up!

There is no sneaky ciggies either ... Mrs Nurse lady checks the Carbon Monoxide levels in your blood ... just to make sure! She was n't the kind of nurse you would want to cross either ... if you get my drift :0)

Righty Ho ... I must away ... I have ...erm ... things to do ... I just need to remember what things ...

Laters!

19 comments:

Hels Sheridan said...

Those samples look DIVINE hun... I get your drift about Mrs Nurse too LOL Well at least you still have 8 days of ciggies... you are better than me LOL x

cheryl said...

oh these look just brilliant hun,stunning work good luck with the non smoking I am off today to see about stopping too,cant use the patches as had elergic reation to the pads,trust me so am going to try the tablets,hugs cheryl xxxx

~* steph :) *~ said...

fabulously yummy projects! i really wish i lived in your neck of the woods. i would looooove to attend one of your classes. thanks for sharing and have a great week! *hugs* steph :)

Anonymous said...

Loving those pics Linda would love to do a w/e class. Big big congrats on the cig affair! Would love my scrubby to see your nurse, he's tried a couple of times but your nurse sounds like the ticket! Well done- think of all the extra scrappy stuff you can get with your cig money!!
Jeanette :)

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

mmm not sure about the giving up of ciggies, I absolutely know I should!! good luck with your quest.. you probably have a lot more willpower than me!! love the samples too.. looks like it was fun
HUgs x

Helen said...

Great samples, they are fabulous. I wish you luck giving up smoking, and like the others say, think of what else you can spend the cash on!

Maria said...

So lovley crafing here. Love the TH style. Those flowers are Awesome.
M
/Maria

craftimamma said...

You might be a bad blogger but I'm an even worse follower at the moment. I've been AWOL for about a week and missed lots of crafty eye candy I see. Gorgeous projects Linda. It goes without saying that one of those weekends is top of my 'Bucket List'!

I am sending as many positive and supportive vibes for the quitting smoking as possible. It's the hardest thing I've ever done!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Alix said...

oooh those projects look fabulous...its on my wish list to attend one of lin & leandra's days...*crosses all available limbs and scissors*

nessy said...

wow ~busy girl and amazing creations ~ you are just so talented ~keep those fingers busy, so you are not tempted!!
vanessa xx

Kay said...

Good luck with the No smoking thing. I stopped about 15 years ago, went cold turkey (yikes!)but I had had a couple of attempts before that.
My tip, try not to think of it as "giving up" because that implies you are losing something. Think of it as "stopping" and think of all the money you will have for extra stash! (you also get to feel better, your taste buds recover and everything tastes nicer).
Hope it all goes well for you x

Trish said...

Love your samples - I was at the Warrington weekend this last weekend, and LOVED it!
Good luck with the giving up - it's easier than you think - it's (nearly) all in the mind... I gave up 7 years ago. Just stopped and found it really easy, once I got my mind right :)
If you need extra motivation, read Allen Carr's "easy way to stop smoking". It's right on the button!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful samples!! Stunning work as always!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work! I am sure the classes will be a success.

Sarah said...

Those samples look scrummy.
Good luck with stopping smoking

voodoo vixen said...

Lovely projects Linda and wishing you all the willpower in the world to help with the no smoking - wish I could give up... I know I should and I think of all the stash money I would suddenly have extra...

Neil said...

Hi there, I have just finished exploring your blog and am very glad I did. You do some absolutely gorgeous things!!!!!!!! I've just joined your merry band of followers(Thought 700 would look so much better than 699, don't you agree?)
Hope you have a fab day and keep up the inspiration!

Unknown said...

I went to a party the other day and was showing someone my morphine patch which is on my chest... someone else said to me "well done"... they missed what I'd said, saw the patch, and thought i'd given up smoking... 'twas quite funny seeing as i've never touched one in my life!!!

Well done you and keep up the good work. My dad stopped after 50 odd years bless him - so there is hope!

Paula x xx

Unknown said...

sprry - forgot to add that the samples are looking lovely and love the colours you've chosen.

Paula x x x

Twitter

A Crafting Journey