Saturday, June 12

Six!

Tag06a1206

Okay ... I have to admit ... I have worn myself out with excitement and I really need to reign my high spirits in a bit if I want to stay awake for Ranger U! So ... tonight anyways I am taking everything at a nice, slow and sedate pace ... hopefully managing to stay calm and get a decent nights sleep!Class1206

I think John is hoping for that too ... he was less than impressed ... putting it mildly ... when I awoke him at 12.30am this morning to ask if the U.S was in front or behind us time wise and then I squealed with excitement when I realised in only a week's time I would be getting ready for the Ranger U Barbie :0)

Class11206 I have had a wonderful day teaching a class at Olney with a wonderful group of ladies ... and I reckon they will be impressed too when they see that I actually managed to get everyone in my photos for a change!Tag06b1206 They all made a wonderful job of the project and they put up with my constant ramblings about meeting Lord Tim of Holtz and The Wendy Vecchi!

I hope you are sitting comfortably for the Distress Inks on tag number six ... in no particular order ... I used ... Rusty Hinge; Scattered Straw; Shabby Shutters; Dried Marigold; Wild Honey; Crushed Olive and Antique linen ... by my calculations that only leaves 8 colours on 5 more tags ... do-able I reckon! The grunge rose is the middle sized flower from the Wendy Vecchi Studio 490 collection ... all the other stamps and embellishments are Lord Tim of Holtz's ... you know Tim ... the man that can create a rainbow over every continent on our planet and several others at the same time while holding his breath underwater for a full hour with just a nozzle from a Mini Mister and a Game Spinner!

Tag06c1206 Okay ... if you have only just joined us and you are wondering what on earth I am on about ... myself and Anneliese Bates will be off to Ranger U in 6 more sleeps ... we are making a new tag each day to mark the final ten sleeps countdown ... Anneliese's tag can be found here and if you fancy joining in with one tag or all ten then please leave a link to your blog in the comments so we can check yours out too!

I am off to soak in the bath with a nice cold glass of white wine ... laters!

18 comments:

ScrappyDandyDoo said...

OMG I'm so excited for you!!!!!
Have a fabby time :D
J xx

Andrea - Wales, UK said...

My fav tag so far!

G Peplow said...

Lurrve those fabby colours, only 6 sleeps, fancy,xx

Helen said...

Hi, Linda. I have edited my post you've already seen, with your "six" tag! If you go tomorrow, have a great time. The shop was manic, so I'd avoid that!
I love your tag today, just beautiful. It must have subconciously influenced me in my choice of colours, but I didn't mean it to (otherwise it wouldn't be subconcious, would it, doh!)
too tired to do the linky thing, check it here!!
http://stampingbyh.blogspot.com/2010/06/i-know-were-on-6-but-i-havent-done-it.html

Just_a_bean said...

Beautiful Tag - love the techniques you have used

Anonymous said...

Awesome tag!! Beautifully created. Linda, I would be as excited as you are to go to Ranger U. I have a feeling that you will be in high gear when it comes to energy while you are there. You won't realize how tired you are until you get home.

Darcy Marshall said...

gorgeous flower. Sir Tim would be proud.

Sid said...

Fab green rose !!

Lori said...

Gorgeous tag, totally Holtz and Vecchi worthy, I'm a thinkin'.

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

Loving the rose.. now sleep girl sleep, cos you won't get much there..lol

Julia Dunnit said...

You need a pill. Keep the balance or by the time you get back, you'll need about 6 weeks off!! Like the colours on this one...6. blimey.

airing cupboard crafts said...

How exciting for youonly a week away!!!!! Love the tags the colour combo is great x

Unknown said...

As I suspected you were unbearable yesterday and I got an hour less of you!!!!!

Ok, seriously, yesterday was great fun despite the awful journey there (and back as it happens) followed by doing something strange to my knee which means I've been in pain all night. Bad luck comes in 3's so I think I'm ok to get to Ranger U in time to take your place :)

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Another fabulous tag Linda :-) Love the pages your ladies are working on.
My tags 5 + 6 are here
Anne xx

Hazel said...

another wonderful tag x

Kathy said...

Looks like a great day was had. The tag is lovely - I've been making those roses this weekend too (not on my blog yet though)

Linda - I do hope you'll still be blogging while you're away smoozing with STOH

Gillian .... said...

Loving that gorgeous rose and the colours linda, nearly there now :)

Unknown said...

You didn't mention Claudine???!!!

Anyway - loving these combos - the rose looks really great in green to contrast with the tag... brill....

Paula x x x

Twitter

A Crafting Journey