Wednesday, March 7

A Lovely Day!

First up ... I thought I would tell you guys that my mini book is appearing over at the Craft Barn blog today ... so if you wanna know how I get the beady bodies on my butterflies ... head over there now! Oh ... but don't forget to come back ... coz I have n't told you about my day yet!

Right ... my day ... a few months ago I was contacted by a lovely lady called Susie ... she asked if I would teach a private class for her and a group of friends at their annual retreat in Olney ... to cut a long story short ... I agreed and designed a Lord Tim of Holtz style Configuration project for them! You know Tim ... the man that can perform microscopic heart surgery on an ailing Goldfish while individually colouring the ickle biddy pieces of mica in each bottle of Distress Stickles with just a Charm Clip and a Jump Ring.
Well ... today was that day ... and I had a fabulous time ... found them straight away ... which was a good thing really ... because rather stupidly ... the only form of contact I had was an email address! We had a great time ... everyone was really happy with their project and the house they rented for the week ... well ... it was GORGEOUS! And what a great group of ladies ... we chatted and laughed ... a few of them consumed alcohol .... I know ... alcohol ... in the middle of the day ... we ate cake ... it really was a fabulous even ... my Thanks go to Susie for the wonderful job she did organising it ... and to the rest of the group for being so nice!
Right ... I must away ... apart from being very tired ... the Lovely Karen and the wonderful Lin are coming tomorrow ... I need to bake a cake or summink ... I know ... me??? Bake ...but I need to compensate for the lack of tidying I did in my Craft room on Monday ... it is a tip ... a real tip ... where to start????
Laters!

11 comments:

Sid said...

Sounds like a real fun day Linda !!

Helen said...

Sounds a much better/nicer day than mine! Enjoy tomorrow, too.

TAM said...

Looks like everyone had a fabulous time and you've more fun lined up for tomorrow - have fun

Marjie Kemper said...

Your Lord Tim references always make me smile but this one.... REALLY? Heart Surgery on a Goldfish?... made me laugh and laugh and laugh.... all aloud to the chagrine of my children.

Kath Stewart said...

sounds like an absolute blast of a day...lucky ladies and with you at the helm it was bound to be a roaring success...big hugs kath xxx

Craftychris said...

Sounds like you had a wicked time with the ladies! The books looks fab. Haven't been to the Craft Barn yet but will hop over there shortly. As usual, you do make me laugh xx

Elizabeth said...

Congratulations on your successes - the mini looks fab and it sounds as though the day was totally enjoyable. Elizabeth x

craftimamma said...

Lucky, lucky ladies having a class with you to themselves! Sounds like you all had a great time. Enjoy your fun day tomorrow too.

Love the mini book. Of to The Barn now for a closer look.

Hugs
Lesley XX

Jacquie Parry said...

This is lovely... so inspiring x

MiniOwner said...

It was a brilliant day! I love my box. Thank you Linda.
Sue x

Ann said...

Sounds like an absolute hoot Linda!!
And I love your mini book too - thanks for sharing Hugs Ann xxx

Twitter

A Crafting Journey