Friday, November 5

49 days, 12 hours and 53 Minutes!

Xmas110 Oh yes ... and 39 seconds ... if you want me to be really precise! That is the exact amount of time that we have until Xmas ... Don't look at me like that ... Don't do that eye rolling thing ... somebody had to say it ... out loud! It is indeed the time to stop planning all your beautiful designs for Christmas and start making them! I know some of you wonderfully organised people will have made yours already ... and some of you even more wonderfully organised people will be wrapping presents by now ... but some of you ... we know who we are ... don't do ... we plan ... and then every year we get caught out and  have to buy cards that pretend to be handmade and probably cost the earth! Xmas1a10

So ... looky here ... I have started the making ... quick and simple ... I am loving the Lord Tim of Holtz's rosette die ... it reminds me of those crinoline paper decorations that used to be everywhere when I was a nipper! You know Tim ... the man that makes and delivers all the Christmas joy the world over while mass  producing plum puddings with just a sprinkle of glitter and a spot of Glossy Accents.

While we are on the subject of Christmas ... I have a space on my Mixed Media Christmas Class on Tuesday in Olney ... tomorrow's class is indeed full ... but if you fancy learning how to do a spot of Christmas home decor ... then call the lovely Karen on 01234 714848.

I must away ... so much to do and so little time ...

Laters!

14 comments:

ellen vargo designs said...

Well I can't make THIS Tuesday's class... BUT.... I'll see you... erm... doing the math.... 3 tuesdays after that! Still can't believe I'm really coming! Looking forward to it, and love your Santa - he's my favorite "Tim" santa... Have a good one! ~ Ellen xx

Nancy said...

*lalalalalalalalalala* I can't hear you!!! (lol)
I like how Ellen worked her trip into her comment here ... I'm still trying to figure out how to squeeze into one of her suitcases.
Love this card, Linda! I suppose I really should get started on some holiday whatever-ing, huh?

Artyjen said...

Gorgeous card:)
xoxo Sioux

Helen said...

This is truly lovely! Not sure your card would meet my definition of quick and simple, but there we go! I will be with you in spirit both tomorrow (when in fact I will be at the optician) and Tuesday (working).

Hels Sheridan said...

*rolls eyes heavenwards* Christmas! Bah humbug... actually, I love Christmas and yep, I too have to go and buy cards... but I just buy those cheapo ones with the candle and a bauble on (am a skinflint ROFL)
Have a fab class tomorrow... oh and BTW, LOVE your card!! Tis my fave Santa too x

Linda Ledbetter said...

This is gorgeous, but did you really need to freak me out like that? ;-)

SO wish I could be at your class! Maybe I'll trying squeezing into Ellen's suitcase alongside Nancy...

Carmen said...

Sharrup! Someone stick a sock in her mouth or summat!

I love how you've done this card and love how you say 'ohhh I love mr tralala Tim Holtz's rosette wotsit' and then produce splendour like that.

Let me tell you I had a go on his wotsit... er, the rosette thing I'm talking about, to make the tree in my Christmas box. And it pinged all over the flipping place. I ended up pritt sticking, Glossy Accenting AND DTing the booger down and bits of it still pinged up. How did you make yours so perfect like that??

Anonymous said...

Stunning!!! I love how it turned out!

Julie Cherrington said...

Love love love Christmas.Loving the card Linda but like Carmen I can't get my rosette to sit without pinging up after a while! What glue/ sticky stuff did you use?

Thanks

Sid said...

Great card Linda !!

whyducks said...

Oh sooo Bah Hum Bug! You can go off people you know. Just as well your art work is good!

maddy hill said...

its funny cos no matter how hard i try i am NEVER ready for christmas !

love the cards ! and i adore that gorgeous pink and lime green colour combo !

Anonymous said...

What an absolutely stunning card. Well done !!
Hugs June xxxxx

craftimamma said...

Fab card Linda and that Santa is always the image I have in my head when Santas are mentioned, Lol!

I want one of the rosette dies so please answer the question of how to get them to stay stuck before I get mine and save me a lot of frustration, Ha! Ha!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Twitter

A Crafting Journey