Sunday, April 11

Ask me Where I Ache!

AP1

Actually don't! It will take too long for me to reply! Ask me where I don't ache ... it will be much quicker ... I don't ache in the little toe of my left foot ... every where else ... I really really really ache! AP2

Ask me if it was worth it! Oh yes! I have to take my hat off to all of the exhibitors at these shows ... having been a shopper for a good many years I had no idea the amount of work that goes into setting up a stand at a show. I just wandered round and shopped in the past. I ache after two AP3 days of just demoing ... I cannot begin to imagine how the wonderful Lin and the now marvelous Mark do it! You are wondering how he came by that title are n't you? ... Hot Black Coffee ... enough said!

I have been really good and taken some pictures today too. First shot is a bit dark ... it was n't dark ... so I have no idea why the shot is ... and how I managed to chop half the stand out of said shot is beyond me too ... but this was about 8am this morning ... even before the show opened and the wonderful Lin was already giving demos ... wonderful ones at that!AP4

The rest of the pictures are just a few of the samples I made and gave away today ...

The high points of my first demo experience were definitely seeing my art work displayed alongside the amazingly talented Lin Brown's ... I still have to pinch myself! Meeting lots of you guys ... putting a face to some of the comments was great! Some of the new products ... totally love Viva and I reinvestigated Glimmer mists ... and I bought a few more ... liking them a AP5 lot! All of the encouragement from my lovely ladies from my classes! Texts from friends and family wishing me well! Catching up with some old friends! And these are just a few.

The low point ... to be fair there was just the one ... the Glimmer mist appeared to jam ... I turned the nozzle squirty bit to face me ... to AP6 investigate you understand ... pressed the button down to check what the issue was and managed to Glimmer mist my entire face and glasses ... Was anyone watching at this point? Oh yes ... Doh! :0) Still ... at least now they know what not to do :0)

Righty-ho then ... that is me for today ... Have a good week people ... until next time!

34 comments:

Alana said...

Great to meet you and have a chat today. Your just as friendly (and talkative) in real life. I ache but i can't imagine how you feel standing upfor the past two days.
Well done anyway...roll on the next one!

Alana said...

forgot to say that I am known as Gingerscraps on UKS (that's how I introduced myself today) so I hope you knew who I was and didn't think who is this mad woman?

Kaz Hall said...

Hi Linda

Well done .....sounds like you deserve a pamper this week!! glad it all went ok xx
kazx

Helen said...

Glad you got through the 2nd day too - hope you are putting your feet up for a well deserved rest.

Helen said...

I've just had to re-read your post. I think it's the first one ever where you haven't mentioned You Know Who... see you soon.

Unknown said...

What a fantastic time you have had - and all those make and takes - you are a true rising star - when are you going to open a shop/run your own courses? And you still managed to write a post and take photos -

WONDER WOMAN is what you are!

cantstopstampin said...

You ache - you still blog - YOU ARE SUPERWOMAN !

Well done .

Gilly B

ScrappyDandyDoo said...

LOL, Linda, who can glimmer mist anything at 2 paces whilst taking photos and creating loveliness under the influence of balck coffee LOL :D
Glad you had a fabby weekend..AAAAAAAAaaaand R-E-l-A-X!!!
:D
Julie xx

Sarah said...

Couldn't make AP this weekend, it looked like a good show.
You have made some beautiful pieces. Deserve a well earned rest.

Well done

Chriss Rollins said...

Ah You loved it I can tell...well done and heres to many more and who knows may get to meet you sometime in the future at least I hope so.

chriss x

Heather said...

These are all beautiful!!!

Daniele said...

Hi Linda sounds like you deserve a rest today glad you enjoyed it loving the samples hugs from Daniele

TinaB said...

Glad you had a fab time. The demos looked great xx Well done hun we are all proud of you xxxx

Hels Sheridan said...

If I had only had time to come and watch!!! Still, it was fab to grab a quick 5 mins with you...and yep, your demo's were all amazing...I know that cos everyone told me :O)) Hope John gave you a massage hun x

Julia Dunnit said...

I bet you were amazing. One of the best thigs a demonstrator can do in my opinion, is make the same mistakes we all do and get over them, right there, right in front of everyone - proves it can be doen, proves its human and maintains product reputation!

Cardarian said...

Well done with all your demos and hopefully the aches will soon be gone! Love your demo projects!
Cardarian

kerry said...

hope the catching up with "old friends" wasn't a refference to our age !!!!
Lovely to see you again --it has been ages

Jester said...

Hi Linda, it was great to meet you on Saturday and watch some of your demos. Hope youur glasses recovered from the Glimmer Mist!

Unknown said...

Wish I could have been there! Sounds a like a great time was had by all!

Anonymous said...

Hee hee! Bet your wit was even more sparkling after that!! Fab demos, well done, was great to see you again! xx

Alex...xxx said...

Hi Lin, been practising the back flip :) just wanted to say i finally have a blog, http://alexscraft.blogspot.com/
alex xx

Anonymous said...

Soooo hoping you recover soon lol. but yes the shows are always amazing. Sounds like you had fun. loving your work as always
hugs June xxxx

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Oh dear - the squirty thing :-/ Not just me then! Love all the pieces here Linda. Ooh wish I'd have been there, but looking forward to the show at Aintree soo :)
BTW where do you ache?
Anne xx

Glen said...

What a fun time was had by all eh? I know what you mean about aching....it wasn't until I sat down that my ankles felt like lead! Still, it was all worth it and meeting you was one of the highlights of my day! *Ü* I do have photos on my phone (Linda in action) but I don't know how to upload to my pc as yet. When I do, I will post! ;) Lovely tags and they really look bigger on here than IRL. TFS and for the personal rose tutorial. :) ~Glen~

Andrea said...

sorry you ache but glad you enjoyed it, love the samples and at least you are now knowing what to expect next time xx

Kathy said...

Well. it's a good excuse to take it nice and easy for the rest of the week - sounds like you deserve a rest! Thank you so much for sharing the glimmer mist story - really cheered me up - and made me wonder if pointing my own jammed GM nozzle towards my face would do the trick and make it work... what do you reckon?

Carmen said...

Oh Linda, I'm sorry but you did make me chuckle there with the Glimmer Mist story. Did you take your glasses off and have a goggle effect? :P

I got my favourite buy from that stand - lots of yummy paint - I could quite happily have just tipped the whole lot into my bag!

Unknown said...

wud have PAID to have seen the glimmer mist faux pas!!! LOL.

Your work is well worth displaying anywhere - i'm sure the Wonderful Lynn was chuffed to have your work to display on the stand... when you're rich and famous and have written a book and in partnership with TH... LOL!!!

Glad to see that you must have been reunited with your camera too.

Wish i was there to get a LE orignial - those lucky crafters...

PAula x x x

sam21ski said...

Well done for lasting out!!!!

craftimamma said...

Hi Linda, Oooooh those lovely art pieces you made and I was the very lucky recipient of the one in the last photo. It's now proudly displayed on my 'inspiration' wall!

It was really lovely to meet you and watch 'the two Lindas' imparting their knowledge and creating, several times over the two days. I had a fabulous weekend (shared with my three crafting friends) and now can't wait to play with my purchased goodies. Unfortunately, as I told you my daughter and granddaughter have come to stay for most of the week and then I'm away again next weekend. Roll on next week and an empty house, Lol!

Hope we get to meet again soon.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Allyson said...

Hi Linda, great to see you on Saturday. Loved the demo. Sorry I didn't get back to show you my purchases, needless to say I spent far too much on far too much stuff. I've got to sort out my craftroom now to try and find somewhere to put it all. It took most of this afternoon just to find my desk.

Allyson xxx

Isabelle Norris said...

Sounds like you had great fun there!! despite the aching LOL
isax

Mandy's Crafts said...

i was one of the lucky ones on Sunday t recieve you tag with butterfly and flowers. Your work is amazing and me and my husband will be fighting over the stuff we brought at Ali Pali...

Nettie said...

Gorgeous work, pleased you've not lost your touch whilst I have been out of touch !

Twitter

A Crafting Journey