Monday, January 5

Not a Cowboy in Sight!

ATC 276

Part of me thinks that I should apologise for the fact that not an awful lot of work went into this ATC.

And part of me thinks that if I added anything to this beautiful "Elder" image ... well I would ruin it!

He is so lush and I am so grateful to TMTA for giving me the opportunity to dust him down! He is my favouritist ever SA stamp!

So I have water coloured him a bit and added a vintage text border stamp to the bottom and a dash of gold Krylon around the edge!

The theme is Cowboys and Indians ... Why no cowboys? I hear you ask! Well I was always the indian ... sadly my brother was the only person in our house to own a sheriffs badge ... so he got to choose ... it was n't all bad ... I got to wear a poncho :0)

21 comments:

Char said...

Wonderful ATC. Great old face.

Faye said...

Linda, what a creative and beautiful ATC. I actually almost used an image of Sitting Bull myself. I don't think the effort is the important thing. I think the result is in art. This is lovely.

Hels Sheridan said...

YeeeeeeHawwwwwwww....or should I say ...... bah, bah, bah, bah, bah, HOW!!!! Love this old fella, he looks so well lived in :O)) Fabby ATC hun xx

crafty creations said...

Stunning Linda - he really has a lived in face

Nancy B said...

I agree - why mess with perfection! It is a beautiful ATC.

June said...

Oh so refeshing to see the indian instead hehe. Lovin this one you did a fab job and he is amazing

Sandy said...

Wow stunning ATC.
Fantastic work.

~*~Patty S said...

Wonderful ancient and wise looking ATC, perfect! I'm with you on being an Indian :)

lindschick said...

Such a fab stamp, great ATC

johanna said...

i agree with you - any add-ons would have ruined it...
hehe, i always was the indian, too... maybe because i never liked the guns...

voodoo vixen said...

Lovely image, silly to mess with something that is right already!!

LOL - I was always the Indian squaw!! I had 3 brothers... didn't stand a chance of ever being a cowboy and they used to lie to trees and leave me there!!

Kate said...

Lovely ....i agree it didnt need any more :0)

kelly said...

that is amazing!!! the detail is so lush! i love it can u tell haha

kelly said...

that is amazing!!! the detail is so lush! i love it can u tell haha

Andrea said...

he is kinda ugly(if you know what I mean) but not to bad for an old man, its a great piece of artwork linda xx

Heather Robinson said...

Some images just beg to stand alone and a true artist knows this....as you do!! Very evocative and "quiet" piece.

K J D said...

This is great just as you've done it... what a fantastically detailed stamp.

Jo said...

Less is definitely more! Great ATC and a Happy New Year x

Andrea said...

Linda I am feeling guilty now for calling him ugly, sorry about that, what a horrid friend I am and hope you forgive me xx

Ginny said...

wow

Anonymous said...

What I like about your peices Linda - is that you always come up with something different - just love him ....

Twitter

A Crafting Journey