Thursday, January 8

Dare 44: Wet!

canvas 0109 It is that time of the month again and I only have one day left at work this week - Woo Hoo!

Do you see how easily I get side tracked! Anyways ... it is that time of the month again ... Dare time! As you know I am on the creative design team for Aussie Dare site: How Dare you? and this month's challenge was Wet!

Now I really had to get my thinking cap on for this canvas 0109a one! I went with wet paint, wet ink and wet glue! As you can see the finished article is a dry canvas! So I put some little droplets canvas 0109b onto the stampbord to make it look like dew ... which is the wettest look I could come up with!

I will not be apologising for using Claudine Hellmuth's sticky backed canvas again ... I really really love it! Once you have mounted it onto aluminium sheet it can be moulded and sculpted and keeps its shape totally - plus you can have it any colour you like ... which means fabulous embellishments on ... erm ... everything!

The flower stamps are Stitchels Dotty Dots and Stitchels Dotty Dot Minis.

16 comments:

claudine hellmuth said...

this is amazing!! love what you did with the sticky back!

Ginny said...

too clever :0)

Ann said...

Brilliant work Linda, I love the colours too. Hugs, Ann xxx

Minxy said...

Another amazing piece, does your talent know any bounds, love the bead detail, very cute x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Linda!

Andrea said...

this is just wonderful Linda and those stitchels look amazing x

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

Oh just gorgeous xxx

Jo Power said...

Wow thats brilliant the colours are lovely and like the dew drops.

Hels Sheridan said...

Gorgeously divine artwork Linda xx

Elizabeth said...

Lovely! You can really see the work that has gone into this project - thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

wow looks great. love the 'dew' :)

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Gorgeous card! I love the dew drops! ...and I would have never guessed that those flowers are stamped! Your work is amazing!

Dan said...

Absolutely lovely! :)

dddeeebbbzzz said...

Ooh sticky backed canvas sounds fun! Love the wet look droplets - very effective.

Unknown said...

Oh these are fab Linda-great idea!!

Shazza said...

tis lovely Linda and you made the front page of UKscrappers- I knew there could only be one Linda E
x

Twitter

A Crafting Journey