Monday, September 1

The Shaving Foam Technique???

Foam 1 Well up until the Saturday Workout challenge I had not heard of this technique! But you all know me by now and I will try anything once!

I was surprised to find that you can buy a tin of shaving foam for as little as 37p for a start!!

You need glossy card and it was so much fun to do!

Foam 2 Basically you put about 1 inch of shaving foam in an old container ... or a disposable tray like what I used :0)

Then you add some colour ... I used Adirondack colour wash spray but I think alcohol inks and re-inkers work just as well.

Foam 3 You make a pretty pattern in the foam ... I used a paint brush then you lay the glossy cardstock on top.

You lift it off ... wait a couple of minutes and then wipe off the shaving foam with some kitchen towel.

Foam 4 I was sceptical at this point ... but you do get left with a pretty background ... and I used the same colours for all four of mine.

Finally I decorated my background with Paper Artsy and Stichels stamps and ta da ... made an ATC!

It is great to have the SAWO back on a weekly footing again!

Ooops - I nearly forgot ... the card smells yummy too!

Happy Monday everyone!

18 comments:

Heather said...

Cool designs! I haven't done this technique in almost 5 years. I think I may have to dig out those reinkers! Thanks for sharing!

Sandy said...

Linda this is unbelievable.
Stunning background. Love them.

Thanks for this great work to Saturday´s Workout.

Andrea said...

what a great idea and you certainly have produced a brilliant background Linda and a great ATC x

shaz earl said...

Wow....how clever is that xx

Anonymous said...

A stunning piece of work Linda! I learnt this fab technique at Jennie's workshop last month and will definitely use it again! :0) x

Shirley said...

This looks fun and i love the colours you have chosen, they look really great on your design.
XX

dddeeebbbzzz said...

Ooooohhhhhh I like the sound of this!! I might even be able to do this single handed!!!!! Fab effect!

Shazza said...

fabulous background and ATC Linda, must try that out sometime
Shazza
x

Dan said...

An interesting technique, and a lovely result! I only wish you'd told me what you were doing though, because then I wouldn't have commented on how hairy your legs were looking! lol

Anonymous said...

Your first venture with shaving cream looks like fun...love the ATC you created with the shaving cream background. I have done this technique but haven't tried using color washes. Will have to try the washes.

Barbara said...

you really got some great color with your technique.

Faye said...

Your shave cream technique turned out so beautiful.

Kari said...

Love all the fun colors!!! This is a great technique!!! I love this one!

Anonymous said...

Your backgrounds turned out gorgeous.

mandijane said...

oooooooooh I really fancy having a go at this....

stamp and scrape said...

I didn't think of using colour wash sprays - you have inspired me to have another go, seeing these fab backgrounds Linda.
Ros

Karen said...

That's a new one on me but I shall be raiding the bathroom very soon! How and why did someone first come up with this....? :D

Unknown said...

What a fun idea, it looks great.

Twitter

A Crafting Journey